Tuesday, December 7, 2010

How do you feel while reading the Laramie Project? Did it make you sad that an innocent man was murdered? Did you wonder how someone could do this? These were all questions running through my mind as I read this play and wondered what is wrong with the world. The play it self was probably much more interesting as a play but for the exposure I was given it was more like a news paper article.
            As I was reading the play the first thing I though to my self was how am I suppose to feel. Am I suppose to feel like these two young men are brutal murders with out a conscience, Am I suppose to feel bad for the family and the deceased? I didn’t know. The next thing that went through my head was to figure out what truly happened on the night he was kidnapped. Everyone had their own thoughts on what happened. Some thought that it was uncharacteristic of Mathew to go with these people but some also said that he was accused of hitting on them. The last thing that went through my head was how could people be so hateful? Just because he was not quite like them he was beaten to death. The world is filled with differences including every person in it, no two are exactly the same.
             All of these questions raise have no straight answer they are all up for interpretation and that was what the book was trying to do, tell a sad but true story and let the person think what they think happened. For Example a homophobic person might say that he got what was coming to him and a person that has nothing against him would think that it is a tragic event that hurt a lot of people. This is what happens in life people die and people live. Life goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment