Monday, December 6, 2010

Laramie Project

At first when reading the Laramie Project, I was kind of bored. But after giving it a chance, I realized that the story had so many important lessons and morals than it seemed. What really struck me about the play was all of the love and support  that the towns people had for the family and the incident. I really liked all of the different opinions and interviews from each and every person living in that town. It really gave more perspective and many sides to the story, except for one. This story was real, and could have been prevented. I think that so many little things we do and say affect people more than we know. One destructive comment can pile up on another, and leave that person feeling unwanted and unloved. It is important for us to be careful with our words, because they can make a big difference. Acceptance is a huge theme in this play, and can really shape the way a person thinks and feels.

No comments:

Post a Comment