Monday, December 6, 2010

Laramie Project

I’m going to be exploring the question “how did you feel when reading The Laramie Project?” While reading this play, I felt a mixture of emotions. At points I felt sad and mad while at other parts I felt happy. However, throughout the whole play I felt confused. The play did a good job of portraying the different emotions felt by the citizens of Laramie which helped me, the reader, feel the same emotions, but they could have done a better job of making it less confusing.
                While reading The Laramie Project, I felt a lot of different emotions. At the parts when people were talking about the murder, and describing what had happened, and how terrible it was, I felt sadness, and anger. Reading about what exactly happened, and how the murder affected the town was really tough. It was hard to read about how badly he was hurt. On the other hand, when people were describing how wonderful of a person Matthew was, and when they were talking about different memories they had of him, or times before he was killed, I felt happy. It was nice to read about how his life was before he was murdered, and about how life was for all Laramie citizens before this tragedy. Throughout the entire play I was a bit confused. It was hard to keep up with who was who, and how they knew Matthew, or how they were a part of the case because there were so many characters. It was also hard because the readers switched so often. I think that seeing the play in real life, or watching a movie, would have been better because we could have seen different characters, and gotten a better picture in our minds.
                Overall, The Laramie Project, made me feel a lot of different emotions. I experienced sadness, anger, happiness, joy, and confusion along with many other emotions. The play did a pretty good job of portraying the different emotions felt by the citizens of Laramie, which helped me to feel the different emotions. However, I think that seeing the actual play or watching a movie about the incident would have been more beneficial because it would have been a lot less confusing and we could have gotten a better picture of what happened, and the different emotions that people felt.

No comments:

Post a Comment