Sunday, December 5, 2010

How I felt about the laramie project- Dan Lee

How Did You Feel While Reading The Laramie Project

The Laramie Project was about a murder that took place because a person was homosexual. The book tried to display
all of the different view points about it from both the media and the people. This was a very contraversial story
and a very contraversial play. When we read this as a class I'd have to say I was mainly confused.

Now, why was I confused? Well mainly because the book was really poorly written. It was extremely hard to figure
out what people were talking about in the first place, and who was talking to who. The whole book just seemed like a
bunch of random statments from people. That would be the first reason why I was confused by the book.

The next reason would be that I didnt really see different view points about the story. Obviously no one is gonna say that
it was good that that kid died or the he completely diserved it. The only different viewpoints were that, mabye the kid was asking
for it, or he didnt diserve it. The other conflicting view points were. I'm gay, or I dont like homosexuality. It just
seemed kind of pointless to me in general.

All in The Laramie was just confusing to me because i didnt see the point and it was poorly written. But it does bring up
how bad bullying and intolerance of gays is in america. Which is something we need to take care of as a community.
But my feelings about the book didnt change as we went on, I knew i would feel that way going into the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment