Sunday, December 5, 2010

The Laramie Project Reflection

The Laramie Project Reflection
                The Laramie project was a very interesting play. It explored the controversial ideas and thoughts about gays and if their lifestyle should be accepted and dealt with around the world today. For this response, I will be discussing how I felt when reading the Laramie project, and the new ideas and thoughts that came to me while I was reading.
                When first beginning the Laramie Project, I was interested in learning what exactly happened to Matthew Sheppard and why exactly he was murdered. I really enjoyed how the story was played out with all of the different perspectives of people living in Laramie. It really helped bring all sides and beliefs to the table to think about. I think it is awful what the two boys did to Shepard. Just because someone is different from you and may not believe what you believe, it does not mean you should go and kill them. I think it was Sheppard’s right if he wanted to be openly gay or not. I don’t think anyone should have done that to him because he was exercising his right of free speech. And even though you may not agree with the lifestyle of the gay’s, doesn’t mean we should treat them poorly. They deserve to be treated with respect.
                Overall, I really enjoyed the Laramie project and thought it was a very honest portrayal of what many Americans think about the gay community today.

No comments:

Post a Comment