Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Laramie Reflection

Throughout the book "The Laramie Project" I felt like the novel was hyper dramacising th whole idea of the murder. Some of the peoples opinions in the book met up with mine; even though it was more than likely a hate crime, Matthew was far from a perfect person. With the media putting him up on a pedestal for being a saint and trying to make more news out of the story, it just made the idea of the book sort of sickening to me. I liked that the novel revealed these other opinions or else I would have just found the book biased and unaffectual. I think that the story brought more attention to the problem rather than resolving it, and it only widened the gap between the two opinions. Rather than dealing with this in a reserved and respectable manner towards Matthews family, it was publicised and sides were taken. I found that the book explored just about every angle of the story, which is what I enjoyed about it.
As it turns out the book was not all that bad, though it may not something I would read on my own, the ideas it portrays are very true, it reveals the morality of humans and the expamplifies the effects the media has on news stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment